- Iodine Rich Foods-Iodine increases the activity of the thyroid gland hence it is necessary to avoid foods containing iodine, if you are suffering from hyperthyroidism. You should avoid seaweeds, kelp and other sea foods which are rich in iodine. You should avoid taking iodized salt as this salt contains excess iodine in them.
- Caffeine-It is necessary to avoid stimulants like coffee, sugar or other caffeinated or stimulating food and drink as they intensify the symptoms of hyperthyroidism. Replace caffeinated drinks with water or healthy fruit juices.
- Whole Milk-Consumption of whole milk is not good for hyperthyroidism. So try to avoid whole milk. Consume skimmed milk which are healthy and easy to digest.
- Enriched Flour-This flour contains fewer nutrients than the whole grains and is difficult to get digested. This is a high glycemic food and may disrupt your sugar and hormone level in the blood. Consuming foods with lower glycemic index can restore the healthy hormone levels in the body including thyroid hormone. Replace the enriched pasta, bread, snacks, cereals with 100 % whole grains like brown rice, barley, quinoa, air- popped popcorn, whole wheat breads etc.
- Alcohol – Avoid alcohol at any cost.
- Software Developers: These are two top ideas to avoid back pain
- 9 Quick Remedies to Relieve Stress Useful to live Happily
- Tension these are real foods you need to avoid it
- Control your body sugar levels today with these popular kitchen items