Rainy Season Skin Care
How to Care Your Skin in Rainy Season
- Cleanse your skin at least 3 times a day to remove excess grime and oil that can clog your pores.
- You must tone your skin and to do so opt for the non-alcoholic variety; these help even out your skin’s pH balance and also bring a glow to your skin.
- The humidity that the rains bring can dry your skin something awful. Use a nourishing moisturizer like Olay Total Effects Day Creamto make your skin moist, supple and healthy.
- If oily skin is your problem then moisturizers that are water based are a great option to help keep oil secretion in check.
- Use a reliable sunscreen with a good SPF. It may be cloudy but that doesn’t stop the sun’s UV rays from wreaking havoc.
- It is essential that you exfoliate your skin daily to rid it of dead cells but do so gently.
- Stay hydrated by drinking at least 8 glasses of water throughout the day. Humidity can make you sweat a lot and skin that doesn’t have enough moisture can look pale and dull.
- While shampooing and conditioning your hair twice a week will suffice during any other season you might want to do so more frequently during the monsoons. This is because the humidity that is pervasive during the wet spell makes you sweat; and sweat makes it easy for grime and germs to latch on to your skin.
- Monsoon is not the time to experiment with artificial jewellery especially if you have sensitive skin. The humidity in the air will increase the risk of a breakout.
- Make your own homemade face peels and packs using ingredients from your kitchen. They are natural and will do a world of good for your skin